Spirulina, the superfood of all
superfoods, is actually an algae powder high in protein and iron – not
to mention 18 different amino acids! A true superfood indeed. The rich
dark green color comes from chlorophyll, which helps eliminate toxins
from our body and boost our immune system at the same time.
nutrient-rich plant is often added to juices and smoothies, but the
spirulina powder benefits go on and on, including several anti-aging and
anti-inflammatory benefits for our skin and hair.
Spirulina Skincare Benefits
you’re fighting dandruff or looking for a formidable opponent to fight
free radicals and fine lines, spirulina just might be your dream come
true. The antioxidants found in spirulina are four times the amount
found in most berries! It can help boost skin tone and complexion and
leave you with that sought after dewy glow.
Spiralina can also:
- encourage cell turnover
- lead to healthier nails due to spirulina’s high protein content
- promote hair growth
- fight acne with antibacterial properties
BRIGHTENING HONEY + SPIRULINA FACE MASK
simple and easy face mask is an excellent choice for all skin types. It
will leave your skin feeling moisturized and bright, along with evening
out skin tone and fighting bacteria.
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- Make sure you cleanse your skin well first, then mix the two ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply with fingertips or a facial brush to your face and neck.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water and a wash cloth.
- Once the entire mask is removed, follow with a moisturizer or serum for added hydration.